Sunday, April 19, 2009

I still haven't found what I'm looking for...



This is the youtube video for U2's "I sill haven't found what I'm looking for" from their Joshua Tree album. One of my absolute favorites from U2. This video was filmed in Harlem and shows the gospel roots in the song. I remember in high school being totally enamored with the album and themes of the album.. The song itself has felt like a life anthem for me as I have been a seeker and searcher for so long....searching for love, seeking happiness, travelling to see the world, trying to make sense of life's chaos. As I go through a transition in my life once again I find myself relating to the song once again....I have still have not found what I'm looking for. But the search is still on and I hope to continue to be challenged and intrigued by the journey of life and the many fun and not so fun byways it takes me on. Life is afterall both an adventure and a challenge. Here's to seeking and searching...may we all find what we are looking for. Or at least enjoy the journey of the search...

2 comments:

  1. "Seeing ourselves plainly, we can change, and as we do so, it brings a feeling of great relief, as if we had dropped a heavy load".

    -Ayya Khema, "Who is My Self?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoFi in the house...what it is? I love your quotation from Ayya Khema. Great stuff. I look forward to some positive changes in my life and I hope it leads to a drop of a mental heavy load I've been carrying around! I could sure use that kind of relief no doubt. Thank you for taking time to comment, I love comments from readers...I'm so glad to know this blog jived with someone. Thanks again....peace, C. Dylan

    ReplyDelete