Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 25, lungs and other essential things


Yes. I have made it to day 25 smoke-free. I am feeling good about this. The cravings are less and less. I feel very committed to this decision to live a healthier life without cigarettes.

It may seem hackneyed but the photo above really does scare me! That is a lung with emphysema. COPD is a horrible condition, involving chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema. Basically the lungs are completely trashed by that point. There is hardly anything left in the lungs to take in the oxygen. People on oxygen tanks, gasping for each breath, it's ugly. I do NOT want to be in that condition ever.

I have a new appreciation for my lungs, I want to take good care of them, they are essential for life. How I went on trashing them with smokes for so many years speaks to the powerful addictive nature of the death sticks. Nuf' said on that.

In case you were wondering (because I was!) I have been smoke-free for:

25 days, 3 hours, 10 minutes and 29 seconds, as of a few seconds ago. I can't wait to count in months, then years. That would be a true blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment