Saturday, March 14, 2009

Nightblogging


"Nightswimming deserves a quiet night" - REM

There is something about the night. Maybe it is the soothing quiet. Maybe it is the stress of the day being over. My mind is clearer, sharper and more creative in the night. I feel more alive. Ideas flow in my head. I love listening to songs on my Itunes. By the way, I am enjoying Coldplay's cd "X&Y" as we speak, or should I say as I write.. The instrumental song "Life In Technicolor" is especially intriguing. The song is only 2 minutes and 30 seconds long. I wish it lasted at least 10 minutes. I can't get enough. I get more joy from the horrible cigarettes I smoke at night. Caffeine has a stimulating yet relaxing effect, no jitters. The night just enhances things for me.

As you can see, I just love the night. The moon shining. Cities lit up in the night sky, neon and skyscrapers in their glory. Blogging takes on a new shape for me at night. I want to tap edgier insights. I want to imagine grandiose things and write manifestos about saving the world or invent a new society of peace and harmony. The phone is not ringing. Outside workers aren't banging on anything. There is great peace in the night time. I can focus, relax, dream, imagine and write on my blog. I can look up obscure topics on Wikipedia to learn more about this amazing world. I love this time. Nightblogging; try it sometime on a computer near you.

Stay up late and write. Open up new frontiers within and from your imagination. Unlock the untapped recesses of your mind, let the ideas out into the sunshine (or darkness) to play. Feel the calm. Embrace the night frontier.
Recipe: Caffeine, music, computer, imagination, 3 ice cubes, a blender and a dash of lime.
Nightblogging; the simple pleasure of saying and playing with technology.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings my Nocturnal Brother! Indeed, the night frontier is a wonderful time when we can tap into that creative energy that is hidden and/or distorted by the interference of diurnal doldrums. Let the sun set, feel the moon rising and watch the stars as they inspire those who choose the "Path of the Nightfly" JoFi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good late evening/early morning my kindred spirit! Tis' a wonderful time of the night. The "Path of the Nightfly" is experiential and meaningful, I imagine many of the greatest ideas have been sparked in a mind amidst the starlight. The mind has room to breath. So Night On kindred spirit! Until dawn we approach hoping the moon will not go down too soon. Peace to Jah Jo-Fi, respect

    ReplyDelete