Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Scattered Thoughts from a Scattered Mind

Having covered both forbidden topics in my last post, religion and politics, I thought I'd just keep things light today in my blog post. I'm not going to present you with a soul searching poem or Jack Handy-like deep thought for the day. I really want to keep it light. That's why I'm going to discuss the hermenuetic dialectical errors inherent in Freudian Psychoanalytics, transposed with quantum particle mechanics. Ok, not really but I hope I got you thinking. I have no idea what that would be anyhow so I'm not even going to try. I do get a kick out of the subject and explorations of some academic research. Everyone is so concerned about the juxpositioning of this and that and the post-post-modern implications of a particular theory. It's all quite amusing.



I just have a few thoughts for the day today.



Since a freeway is called a "free way", why in the hell are there so many tolls to pay?



John asked me today why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?



With so many people selling "Real Estate" how come we don't have Fake Estate Agents too? Or would they be False Estate Agents? I've been looking to buy some fake ground. I guess the fake estate agents are the people who sell ocean front "real estate" in Arizona and Nebraska.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent questions, sir. I thought of one today while doing some browsing at the Whole Foods market: why are organic foods so much more expensive than the regular kind? Shouldn't we be paying more for regular foods with all those delicious, life-saving chemicals on them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the non-organic, or inorganic foods should cost more at what is also known as Whole Paycheck Market, $5 for an apple. It's a great store but it sure is overpriced. I often wondered what natural foods are now that organic food has taken over. I guess something that is organic is natural but I don't believe things claiming to be natural are all organic. Thank you for your observation I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't agree with the designation "Whole Paycheck Market." I think for necessities such as fresh produce, meat, and fish, they are very reasonably priced -- usually their prices are similar to that of Wegman's or Acme. It's the things like fancy cheeses, prepared foods, and processed foods that could cost one's whole paycheck, but I skip such items myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will make a new trip to Whole Foods with a fresh mind and check it out again with an open mind. I was not aware that such necessities were reasonably priced. I've been to their store a dozen times and always found the prices very high. But I'll give it another try and see what you are saying.. I do like their prepared foods area, they really have some great stuff to choose from. I can't argue with there great and varied offerings, it is a fun place to look around. But I'm going to post back to you if I go there and come out with a second mortgage to fill the shopping cart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I ever buy there is produce/fruit (that is, when the Farmers' Market is out of season), chicken, fish, Greek yogurt, and vitamins. Oh and tea. Sometimes they have my tea on sale for $3 a box. Anything pre-packaged or prepared is very expensive. Let me know how that second mortgage goes. Does this mean you have a first mortgage? ;-)

    ReplyDelete