Thursday, February 19, 2009

Failed Communication : A Poem

tried to say it once, no response
so I sent a note
warning: please respond within 10 days or else
your name will be removed from the mailing list

so what are you trying to say you don't even know your audience
just lost thoughts on a page

alienation from your fellows your words

try and say it right
right a grammatical wrong
right that wrong, I'm now writing wrong, see! wrong
sent it out move it along

mass communique, patterns of meaningless ink on a page
yesterday is history, tommorow a mystery so enjoy today
listen to what this answering machine message says

keep plugging away, just can't wait to get away
with this obtuse ridden textual play
say it scream it mean it intone it bemoan it
scream it IT

pattern form emotion commotion word play
jumping around in the hay
no metaphors just somthing to convey

there's no escaping having something to say
one cannot not communicate today
a failed communication day

2 comments:

  1. Communication, from the heart,
    so rare in the modern day world of words.

    Failure to convey, failure to understand.

    Speaking of convey, one cannot convey
    that which one does not know, and
    one today, does not seem to know.

    Loss of self, no communication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoFi...thanks for commenting. I am feeling more like communicating today..my poem reflected a moment when my thoughts were hard to convey so I was writing about a failure to communicate. I agree with your comment about communication from the heart being so rare in the modern world. A lot of communication seems to be smoke and mirrors and not honest. A lot of human interpersonal misunderstanding I believe comes from failed communications and misunderstood interpretations. I hope my point is as clear as it can be.. thank you, C. Dylan

    ReplyDelete