Monday, February 23, 2009

Frustration : A Poem of sorts


the faxing of documents lost in the piles
the calls made to voicemails lost in the dustbin
unreturned messages unresponded to follow ups
it's frustrated incorporated playing in my mind
the soul asylum song speaks to me in this time of irritation

asking for managers to make it right
transferred to departments only to be sent back again
tired by voice prompts to speak to a human being
only to find your fax is once again lost in the shuffle
this is happening over and over for a month or so

trying to keep cool amidst the mounting frustration
the patience depleted the to-do lists piling up
why can't it just go smoothly like water off the back
why can't it just run like swiss clocks and be on time like german trains
what the hell is happening i feel reduced to second class inhuman being

frustration, i beg of you
release yourself from this nagging grip
allow me to return to a positive path of progress
let me go stop holding me back i can no longer accept you
this poem marks the end of my relationship with you, goodbye frustration

No comments:

Post a Comment