Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ten Things I did not expound upon on my blog tonight


In contemplation of what to add to my blog today, Here are at least 10 things I considered expounding upon but decided not to. And I hope you like the photo above of a Chinese tea shop. It is quite an artform in China, preparing tea, known as Cha. Makes me want to get some whole leaf green tea and brew it up to get my dose of antioxidants to combat the carbon monoxide from the cigarette smoke.

1. Youtube video about Jack Kerouac's life. I found some real gems, including various people reading quotes from his book "On the Road" at his gravesite.
2. Youtube video showing J. Krishnamurti speak about his philosophical views, I was amazed by how many I was able to find online, absolutely amazed.
3. A discussion about the current "Great Recession" we are experiencing. The topic of how sad our present economic situation in the country is, is well, rather depressing and you can just turn on the news and get a blast of recession blues talk.
4. Quoting some poetry of William Carlos Williams. I was in Patterson, NJ once.
5. Venting about road raging hostile drivers in NJ. I am glad I have a break for a few days from the Not So Garden State. Would someone please require xanax for all drivers who can't control their emotions while driving.
6. See #3. How many more jobs were lost in the country today? Can you say scary?
7. I now understand what a Troll is. It is real techie term. Trolls are people who disturb the peace by posting innapropriately nasty comments on blogs or online, usually anonymously. They hide in the shadows of anonymity. I have installed Trollbuster TGard 4.0 on my blog to help this problem. It's a free shareware. Ok, not really.
8. Is the top of the newer Comcast Building in Philadelphia complete? It is now the tallest building in Philadelphia and is quite impressive but from a distance the top section of the building has a rather unfinished look. Please advise as to it's completion or is it still under construction?
9. Youtube videos by Bob Mould. I was going to put up the video for the song Egooveride. I decided it probably does not have mass appeal and I'm one of 347 people who watched it in the past month and you probably would not enjoy it. However, I like it.
10. I decided that I used to be indecisive, but now I'm just not so sure.

2 comments:

  1. I never see these road raging drivers of which you speak. Although I do think people drive crazy down by you, and not so much by me. Central Jersey represent!!!

    I want to see the Comcast building. I've heard it's very cool, and they were just starting to build it when I was taking a continuing education class in the Verizon tower, so I saw them putting the elevator shaft, and I'd love to see the finished product. However, I don't know my way around Philly, so I can't go alone.

    Excellent blogging, sir. I am quite impressed with how you've taken to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. South Jersey needs to represent! Believe me, I see rude, aggressive and nasty drivers all the time in south Jersey. Really the whole greater Philadelphia area is a rather tense, crowded area and many drivers are on edge and drive non-defensively. When I lived out west I remember people being much more relaxed and safe on the roads. Driving was not crazy. I just think people are so stressed out these days and don't realize they are not the only person in the world and not the only car on the road.
    It's been a while since I wsa in Philly except driving through. I hope to spend some more time in center city exploring once the weather warms up. I prefer walking around but it's too darn cold for me right now to wander around..
    Thanks for the complement, I appreciate it! I'm enjoying blogging and it's been a lot of fun so far. Blog onward..

    ReplyDelete