Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th : A New Concept

1. T
2. H
3. I
4. R
5. T
6. E
7. E
8. N
9. L
10. I
11. N
12. E
13. S

In commemoration of today, Friday the 13th, 2009: I post the above conceptual, self-referential idea in numbers and letters. If done on separate pieces of paper: there are also thirteen pages, each numbered from 1 to 13.
That was my original concept of the idea, created on pieces of paper. I originally had this idea back in 1994 and today's date made me recall the idea. Self-referential ideas and conceptual art have long been of interest to me. This sentence is dedicated to Friday the 13th, 2009. This second sentence refers back to the first sentence. ....BLOG is a four-lettered word....

2 comments:

  1. It seems as though 1994 was a very prolific year for you creatively.

    (That was a 13 word comment, in case you didn't catch it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your reply, That was good. And that was a lucky seven words!

    The early and mid nineties for me was very prolific. I painted, wrote poetry, tried the drums and wrote philosophical meanderings. It was college time and the first few years afterward. Then...I entered the work world and lost touch with the creative self...I became a busy worker bee then became ambitious in pursuit of the dollar. I lost touch with my creative instincts. I've decided to re-explore this realm of myself and I needed to go back to find things so I can move forward...and I need to have a hybrid life..one in which I can make a living AND do creative things in my life. From high strung..to hybrid. Peace - C. Dylan I AM

    ReplyDelete